The League of Women Voters encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government.
Public Comments submitted to address concerns on our current Action & Advocacy positions on Natural Resources, Water Quality & Quantity, Climate Change, Offshore & Coastal Management, Land Use, Energy Conservation, and Seismic Risks
Follow the links below to read Coos County League of Women Voters Public Comments to the DEQ, Army Corp of Engineers, Department of State Lands, FERC, the North Bend Planning Commission on the proposed Jordan Cove LNG terminal & pipeline applications, the Coos Bay City Council and Governor Brown.
- 4 League Letter to Governor Brown
- 4 League Public CZMA Comment requesting DLCD Objection to Jordan Cove Energy Project's Consistency Certification Application
- 4 League Public Comment requesting denial of all applications to JCEP & PCP to the USACE No. NWP-2017-41, ODSL No. APP0060697, & Supplemental Info for Clean Water Act Section 404, Rivers & Harbors Act Section 10/Section 14 (408)
- Coos County League Comment to the Coos Bay City Council in opposition of granting a permit to amend existing CB Estuary Management Plan & zoning maps
- Coos County League Comment to the North Bend Planning Commission in opposition to granting a permit to construct a natural gas pipeline through the city limits in violation of city codes
- 4 League Public Comment to FERC/EIS-0292D on the Jordan Cove Energy Project Terminal Docket # CP-17-495-000 & the Pacific Connector Gas Pipeline Docket # CP17-494-000
- 4 League Public Comment on Jordan Cove Energy Project Removal-Fill Permit - DSL Application Number 60697 NWP-201741
- NWP-2017-41/APP0060697 Clean Water Act Section 401 and 404 Supplemental Public Comment Requesting Denial of Permit Applications
- NWP-2017-41 Clean Water Act Sections 404 and 401, Section 408, Public Comment Requesting Denial of All Applications
JAN 31ST INFORMATIONAL SESSION ON THE JORDAN COVE ENERGY PROJECT - CB ENVIRONMENT & OUR COMMUNITY
APRIL 18TH INFORMATIONAL SESSION ON THE JORDAN COVE ENERGY PROJECT - SAFETY & ECONOMIC CONCERNS